Traci L. Carrillo
Ms. Carrillo's practice includes all aspects of criminal law, which include representing victims in criminal investigation and criminal court, pursuant to Marsy’s Law. She has specialized experience in handling sexual assault, domestic violence, child abuse, and homicide. Ms. Carrillo handles all aspects of family law, with a specialized focus on domestic violence, restraining orders and child custody. She effectively uses her experience as a prosecutor and trial attorney to achieve excellent results on behalf of her clients.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Carrillo has handled to conclusion over 75 trials and hundreds of court hearings. For 15 years Ms. Carrillo was a Deputy District Attorney in Riverside and Sonoma Counties. Ms. Carrillo handled a variety of cases, including high profile and complex trials. During her career as a prosecutor, Ms. Carrillo was a member of the homicide team, a team leader for domestic violence and a senior trial prosecutor.
In 2015 Ms. Carrillo left the District Attorney’s office for private practice, where she uses her skills and experience to advocate for her clients. Ms. Carrillo quickly became an accomplished Family Law and Criminal Defense attorney. Her practice includes all aspects of criminal defense and family law, with a focus on domestic violence and restraining orders.
Ms. Carrillo's success as a trial attorney has been recognized many times. She received the “Larry J. Scoufos Trial Advocacy Award” for her work at the Sonoma County District Attorney's office, and "Felony Prosecutor of the Year" for her work with the Riverside County District Attorney's office, among other awards.
Recognition of Ms. Carrillo’s talent is also shown by the regular request for her to present to the legal community, including the following programs:
- 2019 “Civil Trial Workshop” Sonoma County Bar Association
- 2019 "Civility Matters VII” Sonoma County Bar Association
- 2019 "Restraining Orders – Family, Civil, Elder & Criminal” Sonoma County Women in Law
- 2019 “The Family Law Trial – Start to Finish” Sonoma County Bar Association
- 2019 “The Art and Science of Jury Selection” Sonoma County Bar Association
- 2017 “So You Think You Can Argue?” Sonoma County Women in Law
- 2016 “Beyond a Reasonable Doubt – Confidence Wins” Sonoma County Women in Law
- 2016 “Using Expert Witnesses, Prosecution and Defense Perspective”, California Crime Scene Investigators
- 2016 “Privacy Issues and ‘Harassing Phone Calls’ ”, Sonoma County Bar Association
Education and Memberships
Ms. Carrillo received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in English with a Minor in Criminal Justice from Sacramento State University. She received a Juris Doctorate from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law.
Ms. Carrillo is a former Board member and current member of Sonoma County Women in Law, a current member of the Sonoma County Bar Association, and a Member of the Criminal and Family Law Sections.
Ms. Carrillo is the choreographer and producer of the Perry, Johnson, Anderson, Miller & Moskowitz Lip Sync Team. Each year the team raises funds for the CHOP’S Teen Club through the “Who’s Got the Chop’s” competition, earning the People’s Choice Award in 2019. Ms. Carrillo is co-host of "Justice Gone Wild" on KSRO. She has volunteered on the Board for Distinguished Young Women. Ms. Carrillo is a volunteer judge and former coach for various high school and law school mock trial competitions.