William D. Anderson
Mr. Anderson’s practice focuses on plaintiff’s litigation including personal injury, product liability, car and bicycle accidents, slip and falls and wrongful death. Mr. Anderson also practices in the area of business litigation, and real property disputes.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Anderson has secured millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts, including:
- 10 Million Dollar Settlement for Wrongful Death in the Walnut Creek Pipeline Explosion
- Multi-Million Dollar Settlement for Class Action regarding Overtime Wages
- 1.5 Million Dollar Verdict for a Car Accident
- 1.3 Million Dollar Verdict for Electrocution
- 1.2 Million Dollar Settlement for a Slip and Fall
- $600,000 Settlement for Motor Vehicle Accident
- $500,000 Settlement for Motor Vehicle Accident
- $500,000 Settlement for Bicycle Accident resulting from Product Defect
- $500,000 Settlement for Dog Sled Accident
- $450,000 Settlement for Hay Ride Accident
- $350,000 Settlement for Product Failure Accident
- $350,000 Settlement for Motor Vehicle Accident
- $340,000 Settlement for Elder Abuse
- $300,000 Settlement for Bicyclist struck by Motor Vehicle
- $275,000 Settlement for Motor Vehicle Accident
- $250,000 Settlement for Breach of Contract
- $250,000 Settlement for Fall from a Stage
- $250,000 Settlement for Motor Vehicle Accident
Mr. Anderson has been practicing law since admission to the California State Bar in December 1972. He is an AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated attorney* and an Associate of the American Board of Trial Attorneys. He spent the early part of his career with a highly regarded San Francisco firm that specialized in product liability torts, medical malpractice and construction defect litigation. In 1979, he moved to Sonoma County. During his years of practice he has had an active litigation practice with trials in Sonoma, San Francisco, San Mateo, Marin, Contra Costa, Alameda, Solano and Mendocino counties. He has been a Judge Pro Tem for the County of Sonoma, an arbitration panelist for Sonoma and Marin counties, an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association, an arbitration panelist for the County of Sonoma and the County of Marin, a discovery referee for the County of Sonoma and a settlement conference panelist for the County of Sonoma. He has served as a panelist on continuing education courses for the Sonoma County Bar Association.
Education and Memberships
Mr. Anderson graduated from the University of California, Berkeley in 1969 with undergraduate honors. He obtained his Juris Doctorate from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 1972 with Moot Court Honor for the Best Written Brief. He is admitted to practice in all the Courts of California and the Ninth Circuit U.S. District Court, Northern District of California. He is an associate of the American Board of Trial Advocates and the Sonoma County Bar Association. He is a past President of the Redwood Empire Trial Lawyers Association, Association of Defense Counsel and Defense Research Institute.
Judge Pro Tem Sonoma County Superior Court, Discovery Referee, Settlement Conference Panelist, former Commissioner of the San Carlos Civil Service Commission, and Little League coach.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.