Areas Of Practice
Serious personal injury claims involving wrongful death, catastrophic injury, and complex medical issues require exceptional litigation skills. Partners William D. Anderson, Michael Miller, and David F. “Max” Beach are highly skilled litigators, and their results speak for themselves.
In 2006, Partners William Anderson and Max Beach obtained what is probably the largest Wrongful Death settlement achieved by Sonoma County attorneys, with a $10,000,000 result in the Walnut Creek Pipeline Explosion case. The case involved complex litigation against a large corporate pipeline owner, as well as several contractors and public entities.
Representative Cases and results include the following:
- Electrocution and Wrongful Death, San Francisco: $1.5 million;
- Motor Vehicle Accident, Wrongful Death, Sonoma County: $1.5 million;
- Premises Liability: slip and fall with brain injury, $1,137,500;
- Nursing Home and Elder Abuse: confidential six figure settlement against corporate owners of a nursing facility that allowed the development of sepsis and death of an elderly resident;
- Wrongful Death: a seven-figure settlement against PG&E resulting from a downed power line, fire, and death in Sonoma County;
- Dangerous Intersection/Automobile Accident: $350,000;
- Sports/Recreational injury to ten year old minor, $400,000;
- Insurance Coverage, injury to business from listeria contamination: $1,462,500;
- Premises Liability versus Walmart: slip and fall with herniated disc: $250,000; and
- Employment Class Action, Overtime Settlement: $ 6 million.